We now have a new personal banking site!
IF YOU CAN ANSWER “YES” TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWINGQUESTIONS, YOU COULD BE INVOLVED IN A FRAUD OR ABOUT TO BE SCAMMED!
- Is the CHECK from an item you sold on the Internet, such as a car, boat,
- jewelry, etc?
- Is the amount of the CHECK more than the item’s selling price?
- Did you receive the CHECK via an overnight delivery service?
- Is the CHECK connected to communicating with someone by email?
- Is the CHECK drawn on a business or individual account that is different
- from the person buying your item or product?
- Have you been informed that you were the winner of a LOTTERY, such as
- Canadian, Australian, El Gordo, or El Mundo, that you did not enter?
- Have you been instructed to either “WIRE“, “SEND” OR “SHIP” MONEY, as
- soon as possible, to a large G.S. city or to another country, such as
- Canada, England, or Nigeria?
- Have you been asked to PAY money to receive a deposit from another
- country such as Canada, England, or Nigeria?
- Are you receiving PAY or a COMMISSION for facilitating money transfers
- through your account?
- Did you respond to an email requesting you to CONFIRM, UPDATE, OR
- PROVIDE your account information?
TELL BRANCH PERSONNEL IMMEDIATELY!
TV News Release:
Fake Check Scams – What Are They?